We have an opportunity in our design team for someone who has an eye for design and flair who wishes to develop themselves.
They would be an integral part of the Design and Innovation Function with JZ Flowers International LTD, creating innovative floral designs ensuring commercial objectives and targets are achieved. They would coordinate and deliver training programs across all sites to improve the quality of floral bouquets and upskill the knowledge of factory operatives. Moreover, developing and maintaining a positive and effective working relationship with the new and existing customers, colleagues and suppliers would be an essential part of the job.
- Generate and sustain professional relationships with the suppliers and effectively brief them on initiatives.
- Effectively network across the business to access new ideas and concepts.
- Develop speculative concepts for demonstration to customer.
- Attend meetings with the Account Managers and Customers to present the designs ensuring implementation in store.
- Liaise with the Commercial and Buying team to identify new products.
- Work with the Consumables Buyer to ensure frequent supply of innovative packaging concepts and ideas.
- Visit Design and Floristry shows to source new ideas and concepts and present findings to the Account Manager.
- Manage and control surplus sample stock ensuring waste in minimized.
- Responsible for the control and management of departmental budgets.
Comply with the Company rules and regulations as detailed within the Company handbook.
Some of the day-to-day tasks will include:
- Prepare the floral samples for the meetings with the customers.
- Assist other designers in developing seasonal ranges of products for event periods such as Christmas, Valentines, Mother’s Day, etc.
- Attend the meetings with the customers in the UK and abroad.
- Travel to visit suppliers.
- Prepare the samples for the photo shoots.
- Attend the photoshoots.
- Prepare samples for the internal meetings with the commercial managers and production team.
- Work closely with the production team especially during events in the UK and abroad.
- Help with the packaging related issues.
- Look after the design room.
- Keep the design area and the cooler tidy.
Knowledge and skills
- High Level English Speaking
- Driving License/own transport essential
- Product Knowledge of flower varieties
- Outgoing personality
- Able to work under own initiative
- Team player
- Flexible to travel each month
- Passionate about the floral industry
Higher commitment from the role is needed at event periods (Christmas, Valentines, Mother’s Day and Easter.)
JZ Flowers offer a competitive salary, benefits package plus a generous holiday allowance, and great development and progression opportunities.
If you want to join us please submit your cv today!Read more